Full course description
Term: Summer 2020
Date: June 16th, 2020
Time: 2:00pm - 3:15pm
Location: ONLINE ONLY
Instructor: Marc Zaldivar
Presented By: Tophat, Technology enhanced Learning and Online Strategies (TLOS), Professional Development Network (PDN)
Justin Barreto, Joe Sample, and Mark Miotto from Top Hat will be hosting a series of faculty workshops focused on Top Hat’s Classroom Engagement tool. The focus is to equip faculty to:
- Teach with flexibility using Virtual Classroom capabilities- live stream lectures, lecture recordings, instant messaging, remote proctoring & more
- Drive engagement with live interactive questions, multimedia, discussions in any learning environment (online/in-person)
- Collect real-time, tangible insight into comprehension, summarized in our weekly insight report
- Easily track participation, attendance & grades in our Canvas integrated gradebook
- Proactively identify and address learning gaps among students with frequent student progress reporting
- Create custom homework assignments for before or after class
These workshops provide an introduction to the new Top Hat x VT partnership, as well as a high-level overview of the platform. Along with the Top Hat team, some of your VT peers who have used the platform before will be sharing their experiences and participating in a live Q&A.
For those interested afterwards, Justin will be scheduling 1:1 tailored demonstrations to get faculty set up for the Fall term.