Full course description
Term: Summer 2023
Date: July 3rd - August 3rd, 2022
Time: Friday 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Location: Online Only
Instructor: Alison Sibol
Presented By: Office of Inclusion and Diversity (INDV)
VirTual Safe Zone is an online five-week course addressing LGBTQ+ identities and issues. This course aims to
- introduce participants to contemporary introductory information regarding gender, sexual, and romantic minorities;
- contextualize this new/refreshed knowledge with some of the complexity and nuanced characteristics of these elements;
- provide the opportunity to engage in introspective or reflective thinking;
- engage individuals in discussion with one another regarding their own understanding, feelings, and experiences with the course content;
- and encourage active allyship during and after the course has ended.
The course consists of weekly readings, reflections, and a live discussion lab.
- The course curriculum delivers basic information to begin your development of content knowledge.
- The readings are meant to help deepen your scope of the topic.
- The discussion board reflective writings provide the opportunity to explore your thoughts, feelings, and questions.
- The live discussions engage you in conversation with one another and allow for questions to be proffered to the group.