SU123 - VirTual Safe Zone Friday 2pm is a Course
SU123 - VirTual Safe Zone Friday 2pm
May 22, 2023 - Jun 23, 2023
Spots remaining: 0
Enrollment is closed
Add yourself to the wait list and you'll be auto enrolled when a spot opens
Full course description
Term: Summer 2023
Date: May 22nd - June 23rd, 2023
Time: Fridays: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: Online Only
Instructor: Alison Scibol
Presented By: Office of Inclusion and Diversity (INDV)
VirTual Safe Zone is an online five-week course addressing LGBTQ+ identities and issues. This course aims to
- introduce participants to contemporary introductory information regarding gender, sexual, and romantic minorities;
- contextualize this new/refreshed knowledge with some of the complexity and nuanced characteristics of these elements;
- provide the opportunity to engage in introspective or reflective thinking;
- engage individuals in discussion with one another regarding their own understanding, feelings, and experiences with the course content;
- and encourage active allyship during and after the course has ended.
The course consists of weekly readings, reflections, and a live discussion lab.
- The course curriculum delivers basic information to begin your development of content knowledge.
- The readings are meant to help deepen your scope of the topic.
- The discussion board reflective writings provide the opportunity to explore your thoughts, feelings, and questions.
- The live discussions engage you in conversation with one another and allow for questions to be proffered to the group.