Time Management Fundamentals (LinkedIn Learning)
Started Jan 1, 2020
Sorry! The enrollment period is currently closed. Please check back soon.
Full course description
Term: Spring 2020
Date, Time & Location: Online Self-Paced Course
Instructor: Dave Crenshaw
Curated By: Talent Development via LinkedIn Learning
Effective time management is an indispensable skill. Best-selling author and business coach Dave Crenshaw lays the theoretical and practical foundations for managing your time and becoming more productive.
Learn how to get more done in the shortest time possible and avoid the obstacles and distractions that can get in the way of good time management. Dave gives practical strategies for increasing productivity in three main areas: developing habits to be more organized and reducing clutter in your workspace; staying mentally on task and eliminate the to-dos you have floating in your head, and developing a time budget to get the most done during your workday and focus on your most valuable activities.
- Discover the principles of time management.
- Avoid the pitfalls of multitasking.
- Identify why switch tasking is an ineffective way to work.
- Define the limits of your physical inbox.
- Determine the best ways to consolidate multiple accounts.
- Differentiate between personal and professional gathering points.
- Plan ways to manage unresolved tasks.
- Effectively schedule your time.
- Organize digital and physical information efficiently.
- Select the appropriate steps in order to get tasks completed efficiently.
- Manage scheduling conflicts professionally and courteously.
- Budget your time in a way that aligns with your personal and professional priorities.