Full course description
Term: Spring 2020
Date, Time & Location: Online Self-Paced Course
Instructors: Lisa Earle McLeod and Elizabeth Lotardo
Curated By: Talent Development via LinkedIn Learning
Leadership isn't just a skill for managers. Demonstrating leadership is important for employees at every level of an organization. There are opportunities to lead every day, whether you hold a formal leadership position or not. In this course, leadership and personal development experts Lisa Earle McLeod and Elizabeth McLeod outline how individual contributors or subject matter experts (SMEs) can exhibit leadership by influencing, inspiring, mentoring, and motivating others. They also help you overcome unique challenges such as how to communicate when you think your boss or team is headed in the wrong direction.
- Name three ways that you can add value to a meeting.
- Recognize the benefits of including emotional impact in your stories.
- Explain how developing a team mindset can increase efficiency and productivity.
- Identify an easy way to reinforce expectations.
- Determine when it is necessary to tell your boss about a mistake made by a peer.
- Recall the most important benefit of punctuality.