Full course description
Term: Summer 2020
Date, Time & Location: Online Self-Paced Course
Instructor: Dorie Clark
Curated By: Talent Development via LinkedIn Learning
Developing Adaptability as a Manager (LinkedIn Learning) discusses how the business world is changing faster than ever, with digital transformation and disruption everywhere. Being adaptable is a foundational skill for managers, which enables them to respond to change in positive, resilient ways and seize new opportunities. Join author and Professor Dorie Clark, as she introduces strategies for becoming a more adaptable leader. Learn how to monitor for change in order to better prepare for it, hone your skills, and create a more adaptable team that is innovative and responsive to change.
- Identify three elements that enable managers to be adaptable in the midst of growth.
- Recognize examples of four purposes of feedback.
- Summarize a strategy that managers use to create an environment where employees feel safe to take risks.
- Explain the approach to take as an adaptable manager when working with various types of employees.
- Recall the characteristics of a curious, adaptable manager.