Effective Listening (LinkedIn Learning) is a Course
Effective Listening (LinkedIn Learning)
Started May 28, 2020
Full course description
Term: Summer 2020
Date, Time & Location: Online Self-Paced Course
Instructor: Tatiana Kolovou and Brenda Bailey-Hughes
Curated By: Talent Development via LinkedIn Learning
Effective Listening (LinkedIn Learning)is a critical competency, whether you are interviewing for your first job or leading a Fortune 500 company. Surprisingly, relatively few working professionals have ever had any formal training in how to listen effectively.
In this course, communications experts Tatiana Kolovou and Brenda Bailey-Hughes show how to assess your current listening skills, understand the challenges to effective listening (such as distractions!), and develop behaviors that will allow you to become a better listener—and a better colleague, mentor, and friend. Be sure to check out the Tip Sheet and Action Plan in the course exercise files.
- Define attentive listening.
- Explore what happened when you are distracted by delivery.
- Recall what a mental filter is and how it can affect assumptions.
- Explore methods for choosing the best paraphrasing response in the situation.
- List the five listening intentions.