Full course description
Term: Summer 2020
Date, Time & Location: Online Self-Paced Course
Instructor: Tatiana Kolovou
Curated By: Talent Development via LinkedIn Learning
Now more than ever, Building Resilience (LinkedIn Learning), is paramount in today’s working environment. Everybody wants to perform well when the pressure's on, but a lot of us withdraw in times of stress or adversity. Building resilience can help individuals face new challenges easier, which is a valuable skill to offer employers.
In this course, Kelley School of Business professor and professional communications coach Tatiana Kolovou explains how to bounce back from difficult situations, by building one’s "resiliency threshold." She outlines five training techniques to prepare for difficult situations, and five strategies for reflecting on them afterward. Individuals learn where they fall on the resilience scale, identify where they want to be, and learn strategies to close the gap.
- Define the term resilience.
- Identify strategies for facing rejection in your day to day life.
- Recognize the skills you can practice to increase your resilience.
- Explore reflection strategies you can use during a situation to build resilience.
- Examine five post-event resilience-building strategies using real-world examples.