Full course description
Term: Spring 2021
Date: January 11th - February 12th
Location: ONLINE ONLY
Instructors: Dr. Ashleigh Bingham & Gerlyn Murrell, M.S.
Presented By: Inclusion and Diversity (INDV)
VirTual Trans Safe Zone is an online five-week course addressing transgender identities and issues. This course aims to
- introduce participants to contemporary introductory information regarding gender minorities;
- contextualize this new/refreshed knowledge with some of the complexity and nuanced characteristics of these elements;
- provide the opportunity to engage in introspective or reflective thinking;
- engage individuals in discussion with one another regarding their own understanding, feelings, and experiences with the course content;
- and encourage active allyship during and after the course has ended"